STLOUISAN TERMS OF SERVICE
The StLouisan Community Guidelines
Respect the Community
Please be responsible and don’t abuse the website. We trust you and ask that you trust us.
- The StLouisan is not the place for pornography or any sexually explicit content.
- Don’t post videos with under-age drinking and smoking, drug abuse, animal abuse, or bomb making.
- No Graphic or gratuitous violence. This is not the place for videos of someone being attacked, physically hurt, or humiliated.
- No gross-out videos, accidents, dead bodies or anything intended to disgust or shock.
- Respect copyright. Videos must be either made by you, or videos that you are authorized to use.
- Free speech is respected and all are entitled to express unpopular views. But no hate speech is permitted–nothing which demeans or attacks a group based on race or ethnic origin, disability, gender, religion, veteran status, age, and sexual orientation/gender identity.
- We dislike spam. No misleading descriptions, titles or thumbnails, or tags. No posting lot of un-targeted, repetitive or unwanted or content. This includes private messages and comments.
Follow These Guidelines
StLouisan is for Community
1. Your Acceptance
- By using or visiting The StLouisan site or any products, data feeds, software, and services provided to you on, from, or through the StLouisan website (collectively the “Service”) you signify your agreement to (1) these terms and conditions (the “Terms of Service”), (2) StLouisan’s privacy notice, found at our Privacy Notice and incorporated herein by reference, and (3) StLouisan’s Community Guidelines, and also incorporated herein by reference. If you do not agree to any of these terms, the StLouisan privacy notice, or the Community Guidelines, please do not use the Service.
- You should periodically review the most up-to-date version. StLouisan may in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms of Service and policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. Nothing in these Terms of Service shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
- These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Service, including users who are also contributors of Content on the Service. “Content” includes the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features and other materials you may view on, access through, or contribute to the Service. The Service includes all aspects of StLouisan, including but not limited to all products, software and services offered via the StLouisan website.
- The Service may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by StLouisan. StLouisan has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. In addition, StLouisan will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the Service, you expressly relieve StLouisan from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
3. StLouisan Accounts
- In order to access some features of the Service, you will have to create a StLouisan account. You may never use another’s account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify StLouisan immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
- Although StLouisan will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of StLouisan or others due to such unauthorized use.
4. General Use of the Service—Permissions and Restrictions
StLouisan hereby grants you permission to access and use the Service as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that:
- You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Service or the Content without StLouisan’s prior written authorization, unless StLouisan makes available the means for such distribution through functionality offered by the Service. (such as the Embeddable Player).
- You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Service.
- You agree not to access Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Service itself, the Embeddable Player, or other explicitly authorized means StLouisan may designate.
- You agree not to use the Service for any of the following commercial uses unless you obtain StLouisan’s prior written approval:
- the sale of access to the Service;
- the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the Service or Content; or
- the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on any page of an ad-enabled blog or website containing Content delivered via the Service, unless other material not obtained from StLouisan appears on the same page and is of sufficient value to be the basis for such sales.
- Prohibited commercial uses do not include:
- uploading an original video to StLouisan to promote your business or artistic enterprise;
- showing StLouisan videos through the Embeddable Player on an ad-enabled blog or website, subject to the advertising restrictions set forth above in Section 4.D; or
- any use that StLouisan expressly authorizes in writing.
- If you use the Embeddable Player on your website, you may not modify, build upon, or block any portion or functionality of the Embeddable Player, including but not limited to links back to the StLouisan website.
- If you use the YouTube Uploader, you agree that it may automatically download and install updates from time to time from YouTube. These updates are designed to improve, enhance and further develop the Uploader and may take the form of bug fixes, enhanced functions, new software modules and completely new versions. You agree to receive such updates (and permit StLouisan to deliver these to you) as part of your use of the Uploader.
- You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” that accesses the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the StLouisan servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, StLouisan grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. YouTube reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Service (e.g., comments, email) for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Service with respect to their Content.
- In your use of the Service, you will comply with all applicable laws.
- StLouisan reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time.
5. Your Use of Content
In addition to the general restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of Content.
- The Content on the Service, and the trademarks, service marks and logos (“Marks”) on the Service, are owned by or licensed to StLouisan, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law.
- Content is provided to you AS IS. You may access Content for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service and as permitted under these Terms of Service. You shall not download any Content unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed byStLouisan on the Service for that Content. You shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent ofStLouisan or the respective licensors of the Content. StLouisan and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service and the Content.
- You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the Content therein.
- You understand that when using the Service, you will be exposed to Content from a variety of sources, and that StLouisan is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Content. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against StLouisan with respect thereto, and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, agree to indemnify and hold harmless StLouisan, its owners, operators, affiliates, licensors, and licensees to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Service.
6. Your Content and Conduct
- As a StLouisan account holder you may submit Content to the Service, including videos and user comments. You understand that StLouisan does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Content you submit.
- You shall be solely responsible for your own Content and the consequences of submitting and publishing your Content on the Service. You affirm, represent, and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish Content you submit; and you license to StLouisan all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to such Content for publication on the Service pursuant to these Terms of Service.
- For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your Content. However, by submitting Content to StLouisan, you hereby grant StLouisan a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and StLouisan’s (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service. The above licenses granted by you in video Content you submit to the Service terminate within a commercially reasonable time after you remove or delete your videos from the Service. You understand and agree, however, that StLouisan may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of your videos that have been removed or deleted. The above licenses granted by you in user comments you submit are perpetual and irrevocable.
- You further agree that Content you submit to the Service will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant StLouisan all of the license rights granted herein.
- You further agree that you will not submit to the Service any Content or other material that is contrary to the StLouisan Community Guidelines, which may be updated from time to time, or contrary to applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations.
- StLouisan does not endorse any Content submitted to the Service by any user or other licensor, or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and StLouisan expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Content. StLouisan does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Service, and StLouisan will remove all Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. StLouisan reserves the right to remove Content without prior notice.
7. Account Termination Policy
- StLouisan will terminate a user’s access to the Service if, under appropriate circumstances, the user is determined to be a repeat infringer.
- StLouisan reserves the right to decide whether Content violates these Terms of Service for reasons other than copyright infringement, such as, but not limited to, pornography, obscenity, or excessive length. StLouisan may at any time, without prior notice and in its sole discretion, remove such Content and/or terminate a user’s account for submitting such material in violation of these Terms of Service.
8. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- StLouisan’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is Dickson Beall, 7269 Greenway, St. Louis, MO 63130, email: email@example.com, fax: 314-997-4610. For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to StLouisan customer service. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 5(D), your DMCA notice may not be valid.
- Counter-Notice. If you believe that your Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the Content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the Content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in S. Louis, Missouri, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
- If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, StLouisan may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed Content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at StLouisan’s sole discretion.
9. Warranty Disclaimer
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, STLOUISAN, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES AND YOUR USE THEREOF. STLOUISAN MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICES, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES. STLOUISAN DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY HYPERLINKED SERVICES OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND STLOUISAN WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
10. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL STLOUISAN, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICES, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT STLOUISAN SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
The Service is controlled and offered by StLouisan from its facilities in the United States of America. YouTube makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless StLouisan, its parent corporation, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms of Service; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that your Content caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms of Service and your use of the Service.
12. Ability to Accept Terms of Service
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the Service is not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the Service. There are other web sites for you. Talk to your parents about what sites are appropriate for you.
These Terms of Service, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by StLouisan without restriction.
You agree that: (i) the Service shall be deemed solely based in Missouri; and (ii) the Service shall be deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over StLouisan, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than Missouri. These Terms of Service shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Missouri, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Any claim or dispute between you and StLouisan that arises in whole or in part from the Service shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in St. Louis County, Missouri. These Terms of Service, together with the Privacy Notice and any other legal notices published by StLouisan on the Service, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and StLouisan concerning the Service. If any provision of these Terms of Service is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this these Terms of Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and StLouisan’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. StLouisan reserves the right to amend these Terms of Service at any time and without notice, and it is your responsibility to review these Terms of Service for any changes. Your use of the Service following any amendment of these Terms of Service will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms. YOU AND YOUTUBE AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
Dated: December 7, 2011
StLouisan Privacy Notice
Updated as of December 7, 2010
Browsing StLouisan You can watch videos on StLouisan without having a StLouisan Account. You also can contact us at StLouisan by emailing us directly without having to register for an account.
For some activities on StLouisan, like uploading videos, posting comments, flagging videos, or watching restricted videos, you need a StLouisan Account. We ask for some personal information when you create an account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access.
Usage Information. When you use StLouisan, we may record information about your usage of the site, such as the channels, groups and favorites you subscribe to, which other users you communicate with, the videos you watch, the frequency and size of data transfers, and information you display about yourself as well as information you click on in StLouisan. If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your StLouisan Account. In order to ensure the quality of our service to you, we may place a tag (also called a “web beacon”) in HTML-based customer support emails or other communications with you in order to confirm delivery.
Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (e.g., video comments, your profile page) may be collected and used by others.
If you submit personal information to StLouisan, we may use that information to operate, maintain, and improve the features and functionality of StLouisan, and to process any flagging activity or other communication you send to us.
We do not use your email address or other personal information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent. We may use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major StLouisan changes or for customer service purposes). You also can choose how often StLouisan sends you email updates in your StLouisan Account settings page.
Information That is Publicly Available
When you create a StLouisan Account, some information about your StLouisan Account and your account activity will be provided to other users of StLouisan. This may include the date you opened your StLouisanAccount, the date you last logged into your StLouisan Account, your age (if you choose to make it public), the country and the number of videos you have watched.
Your StLouisan Account name, not your email address, is displayed to other users when you engage in certain activities on StLouisan, such as when you upload videos or send messages through StLouisan. Other users can contact you by leaving a message or comment on the site.
Any videos that you submit to StLouisan may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by other StLouisan users or the general public.
You may also choose to add personal information which may include your name, gender, profile picture or other details, that will be visible to other users on your StLouisan Account channel page. If you choose to add certain features to your StLouisan Account channel page, then these features and your activity associated with these features will be displayed to other users and may be aggregated and shared with your friends or other users. Such shared activity may include your favorite videos, videos you rated and videos that you have uploaded.
If you have a StLouisan Account, you may update or correct your personal profile information, email preferences and privacy settings at any time.
You may control the information that is available to other users and your confirmed friends at any time by editing your StLouisan Account and the features that are included on your channel page. If you have enabled Active Sharing, other users may see that you, as identified by your account name, not your email address, are watching the same video.
You may, of course, decline to submit personal information through StLouisan, in which case you can still view videos and explore StLouisan, but StLouisan may not be able to provide certain services to you. Some advanced StLouisan features may use other outside services. The privacy notices of those services govern the use of your personal information associated with them.
StLouisan strives to provide you with relevant and useful advertising and we use other third party ad serving systems, to do so. We may use a range of information including cookies, web beacons, IP addresses, usage data and other non-personal information about your computer or device (such as browser type and operating system) to provide you with relevant advertising. If you are logged into your StLouisan Account, we may also show you advertising based on the information you have provided to us in your StLouisan Account.
We use the DoubleClick cookie on StLouisan to help advertisers and publishers serve and manage ads on this site and other partner websites. Advertisers may serve ads based on interests associated with non-personally identifiable online activity, such as videos viewed, frequency of uploading or activity on other partner sites. Advertisers may also serve ads to you based on previous activity on that advertiser’s website. This non-personally identifiable information is held separately from your StLouisan Account data, or other personally identifying information in our possession.
You may view, edit and add to the categories used to provide you with interest-based advertising for the DoubleClick cookie. Your ads preferences will be respected across StLouisan, and partner sites and sites using the DoubleClick cookie to serve such ads.
You also may choose to opt out of the DoubleClick cookie at any time. If you select the DoubleClick opt-out cookie, ads delivered to your browser by our ad-serving technology will not be served based on the DoubleClick cookie. Find more information here about opting out of the DoubleClick cookie.
StLouisan adheres to the US Safe Harbor privacy principles.
For more information about our privacy practices write to us at:
St. Louis, MO 63130